Cass Brothers (ABN 99 023 767 796) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 and, the Spam Act (Cth) 2003.
The purpose of this policy is to explain:
- What we collect and how we collect;
- Why we collect; and
- Whom we share your personal information with.
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. The collection may be in a form of asking information directly from you, or by means of technology. This may be by using cassbrothers.com.au or otherwise interacting with our stores.
What we collect
In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect a wide range of personal information about you. Personal information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. For example, if you:
- Make an in-store or telephone purchase, we may collect your name and contact details for the use of our delivery service.
- Pre-order goods or services, put goods on hold, or leave goods for repair. We may collect your name and contact details.
- Provide details to join special mailing lists or databases if you’d like to receive information about, for example, certain brands, products or designers, we may collect your name, contact details and information about your shopping or product preferences.
- Attend a store, we may capture images recordings of you through CCTV cameras.
- Make a purchase online or using an electronic device such as an iPad, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, delivery address or store pick up details.
- Provide information via social media pages such as providing your name or contact details via the Cass Brothers Facebook pages, or any of our official accounts or other social media sites.
- Attend a Cass Brothers function or event, we will collect your name, contact details and any dietary or accessibility requirements.
- Enter a competition or complete a survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details along with your merchandise or services preferences and feedback.
- Send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form or via our Customer Service Centre, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response.
- Apply for a job at Cass Brothers, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your and your referee’s contact details.
If you are accessing our products and services via our websites, we may use technology to collect information as to your activities, including the IP address of your computer (or other devices), your web browsing history on our websites and transactional data including your payment histories. Most often, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences. We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to user accounts. Cookies are also used to allow the website to track usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow Cass Brothers to customise a user's experience on their websites.
Cass Brothers hold personal information in number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases, and email contact lists.
Credit card information
Cass Brothers do not store any credit card information obtained at our retail stores, by telephone or through our websites. The credit card details will automatically be transferred to our bank merchant or where applicable, our supplier for processing.
We only retain the last 4 digits for verification of your credit card on delivery. In some instances we request a copy of your driver’s licence and / or credit card to confirm.
Third party collection in Cass Brothers stores
A number of third parties (e.g. suppliers), operate within Cass Brothers stores and they may collect your personal information (e.g. when you join their mailing list, or recording your product preferences). Cass Brothers is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties and this Policy does not apply to them. These businesses should have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing your personal information to them.
Why we collect your personal information
The main purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are to improve and better our offers and service. Some of which are:
- Processing transactions, in-store and online, and delivering products and services
- To provide any associated loyalty program
- Promoting Cass Brothers and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- Performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- Helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- Developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services
- Protecting the security of our stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- Answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- Recruiting staff and contractors
- General planning and administration
- We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
By providing us with your information you consent to Cass Brothers contacting you for the purpose set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing.You can choose to opt out of being contacted by contacting our Privacy Officer by:
- Email at [email protected]; or
- Calling our Customer Service Team on (02) 9569 5555.
Advising us that you have received a marketing call and that you no longer wish to receive these calls or by using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages.
Whom we share your personal information
We may share your personal information where appropriate including:
- Financial institution, for payment and settlement purpose.
- Referees, whose details are provided to us by job applicants.
- Regulatory government bodies which we are to comply with under the Law of New South Wales, Australia.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to secure your information and ensure that it is protected from misuse, unauthorized access and modification, and losses. We have systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy whenever we collect, store, and use or disclose personal information, such as: restricted access to Cass Brothers computer systems, controlled access to our corporate head office, policies on document storage and security.
While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk.
Third party sites
Access and amendment
If you become aware that any information we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date, please let us know immediately. We will be happy to accept updated personal information in writing from the owner of that information at any time. However, in order to protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections of your personal information. Depending on the nature of your request, we may ask the owner of the information to complete a personal information request form.
If you become aware of any security breach regarding your personal information, please let us know as soon as possible by:
- Visiting or writing to our Customer Service Team at:
600 Parramatta Road, Petersham, NSW, 2049. Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm; or
- Call our Customer Service Team on:
(02) 9569 5555. Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm; or
- Email us anytime at: